This notice is to alert you to a handful of individuals calling themselves the "Vietnam Veterans Against the War Anti-Imperialist" (VVAW-AI). "VVAW AI" is actually the creation of an obscure, ultra-left sect, designed to confuse people in order to associate themselves with VVAW's many years of activism and struggle. They are not a faction, caucus or part of VVAW, Inc. and are not affiliated with us in any way. We urge all people and organizations to beware of this bogus outfit.
IN THE CIRCUIT COURT OF COOK COUNTY, ILLINOIS
COUNTY DEPARTMENT, LAW DIVISION
VIETNAM VETERANS AGAINST THE WAR, INC. )
ROWLAND CORDERO and the VIETNAM VETERANS )
AGAINST THE WAR, )
) No. 79 L 20616
Comes now plaintiff, the Vietnam Veterans Against the War, Inc. and defendants Rowland Cordero, individually and in his capacity as the agent of the Vietnam Veterans Against the war and the Vietnam Veterans Against the War and willingly to the rendition and entry of the following judgment.
Now, therefore, the Court being fully advised in the premises, having conferred with the parties hereto and their attorneys herein, having reviewed all aspects of this case to date, having reviewed the pleadings and testimony offered by the plaintiff in this cause, does hereby ORDER, ADJUDGE AND DECREE that the following judgment be and the same is hereby rendered and entered as the judgment of this Court:
(1) Whenever identifying itself in any writing or document, or when identifying itself orally, the defendants will use one or more of the following appellations
(a) A-I-Vietnam Veterans Against the War;
(b) Anti-Imperialist-Vietnam Veterans Against the War;
(2) The defendants will not use the letters "Inc." when referring to the name of their organization;
(3) The defendants' newspaper, periodicals, letterheads, pamphlets, circulars or any other similar literature shall contain the words: "NOT AFFILIATED WITH VIETNAM VETERANS AGAINST THE WAR, INC.,";
This part of the order and judgment (#3) does not apply to banners, buttons, and clothing;
(4) Defendants will not use the plaintiff's registered insignia;
(5) Defendants will not designate their newspaper "The Veteran;"
(6) Defendants will continue to use in their newspaper type-faces distinct from those used by the plaintiff in its newspaper;
(7) Defendants are to refrain from deliberate efforts to represent their periodicals, writings or products as the periodicals, writing or products of the plaintiff;
(8) Defendants are to refrain from deliberate efforts to represent any event, activity or endorsement as the event, activity or endorsement of the plaintiff.
(9) Each party shall immediately communicate the contents of this Consent Decree to all their chapters, agents and affiliates throughout the country;
(10) Each party shall pay its own costs and attorney's fees;
(11) No damages are awarded.
ROBIN B. POTTER, Jane H. Bedno,
on behalf of the plaintiff on behalf of the defendants
It is so Ordered. Date Entered:
WARREN D. WOLFSON, Judge April 21, 1980
Circuit Court of Cook County, Illinois